PanGlobal is no longer producing the 2007 ASME Extract and 2007 ASME Extract Supplement. Instead, these code compilations have been updated and reorganized into the 2018 PanGlobal ASME Academic Extract Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Volumes 1 and 2. These SOPEEC-approved volumes can be purchased individually or in a set.
Each book has a distinctive Green or Red cover, tabbed page dividers between the code sections, and footers that indicate what code section is being viewed.
2018 PanGlobal ASME Academic Extract Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Volume 1
This single comprehensive volume contains sections of:
- ASME BPVC I Power Boilers
- ASME BPVC IV Heating Boilers
- ASME BPVC VIII Div.1 Pressure Vessels
- ASME B31.1 Power Piping
Now, all the code information for the 4th class student can be found in this single volume:
- Power boiler, heating boiler, and pressure vessel design and construction requirements
- Steam, feedwater, blowoff, blowdown, and instrument piping requirements
To compile this volume, ASME BPVC VIII-1 was consolidated, ASME B31.1 was moved in from the 2007 ASME Extract Supplement, and ASME II-D was moved to Volume 2.
The ASME BPVC code sections have been updated to their respective 2015 versions. ASME B31.1 has been updated to the 2014 version.
2018 PanGlobal ASME Academic Extract Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Volume 2
Students of Third Class and higher classes of Power Engineering will want this SOPEEC-approved code compilation to support their higher level learning. This volume includes sections of:
- ASME BPVC IX Welding
- ASME B31.3 Process Piping
- ASME BPVC II-D Materials
ASME II-D specifically supports the design calculations covered in Volume 1. Besides being relocated to Volume 2, ASME II-D has been extensively revised, with the following features:
- The number of materials listed has been greatly reduced
- Any material not permitted in both ASME BPVC I and BPVC VIII were removed
- Only tube and pipe materials listed as seamless or welded were retained
- Table 1B for non-ferrous materials was excluded
- Table 1A is now only in SI units, to prevent confusion during design calculations
- Materials are now grouped by specification number
- Bar product forms have been introduced for design calculations involving stays
- All materials are numbered sequentially, to help the student identify material properties across pages
ASME BPVC IX and ASME B31.3 have been updated to their 2015 and 2014 versions respectively.